Evening school; registration
The Abendgymnasium comprises grades I and II (introductory phase), III and IV (course phase). It leads working adults to the general higher education entrance qualification in four-year evening classes. You must register at the Abendgymnasium of your choice.
There are different training directions:
Classes are held on five or six evenings per week. In grades I and II it can also be spread over four evenings. The choice of subject matter and the teaching method take into account the previous education, maturity and professional experience of the adult students. The number of subjects is smaller than at the Gymnasium because of the vocational nature of the course.
In grades I and II, lessons are taught according to a fixed timetable. In grades III and IV, the student takes advanced and basic courses, similar to those in the college level of the Gymnasium.
- Completed vocational training or regular employment of at least two years.
- Minimum age of 18 years in the school year of enrolment
- Secondary school leaving certificate or successful completion of the preliminary course (see below) or successful completion of an entrance examination.
- Passing of a probationary period with simultaneous professional activity during school attendance
In particular, applicants without a secondary school leaving certificate can be admitted to the preliminary course of the Abendgymnasium if they have completed vocational training or have been working for at least two years and are at least 17 years old. The final admission requires the passing of a probationary period.
- Der zweite Bildungsweg in Bayern - Das Abendgymnasium
Mein Bildungsweg - das bayerische Bildungssystem im Internet
Online-Wegweiser für das vielfältig gegliederte Bildungssystem in Bayern. Hier können die zahlreichen Wege und Möglichkeiten in Bayerns allgemeinen und beruflichen Schulen, Staatsinstituten und Hochschulen interaktiv abgefragt werden.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus